Halloween Day is coming, which is precisely dated 30 October 2011
For parents there are a few tips to face the day of Halloween in the day so that our families happy and having a bias will remain healthy.
Here it is some tips for you:
health in Halloween
This is a very important and need to be noticed.
We are still having fun, but I am focusing on healthier foods, healthier choices and enjoying the fewer candies and sweets that we do eat.
This lens offers tip and suggestions for surviving all of the Halloween candy, one night that can become a parent's nutritional nightmare. As a parent who also teaches nutrition, one can only imagine what kind of nightmare Halloween poses for me.
You really can have a Healthy or a Healthier Halloween.
1. Limit Candy and Sweets.
2. Focus on making healthy food fun, spooky food.
3. Develop a new tradition.
and you must know Best and Worst Halloween Snacks for Kids thats important for our kid . here i pick from rd.com
- Put aside your fears about being the not-so-cool parents on the block and try passing out some of these healthier treats:
-Corn nuts, peanuts, or trail mix
-Small individual bags of pretzels or popcorn
-Packages of sugar-free cocoa
-Individual bags of roasted pumpkin seeds
-Pre-packed cheese and crackers
- Try to avoid or limit these unhealthy snacks:
-Full-sized candy bars. Some chocolate bars contain high amounts of saturated fat. The worst offenders are Mounds (11 grams of saturated fat in a two-ounce bar), Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar (nine grams in 1.5 ounces) and Almond Joy (eight grams in 1.7 ounces).
-Chips Ahoy!, Oreos, Hostess HOHOs and other snack cakes, Keebler Club & Cheddar Sandwich Crackers, and Starburst Fruit Chews were all voted the worst vending machine snacks for kids by Center for Science in the Public Interest.
and here some suggestion for you i pick from aap.org
Healthy in halloween day tips :
- A good meal prior to parties and trick-or-treating will discourage youngsters from filling up on Halloween treats.
- Consider purchasing non-food treats for those who visit your home, such as coloring books or pens and pencils.
- Wait until children are home to sort and check treats. Though tampering is rare, a responsible adult should closely examine all treats and throw away any spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items.
- Try to ration treats for the days following Halloween.
- your kids a nutritious meal before they go trick-or-treating. This will prevent sugar highs and nasty upset tummies!
Halloween is that one period of year that kids and adults alike give the impression of being to the fore to gorging themselves by toffee. Nevertheless with the emergent flabbiness problem in the United States, scores of community are seeking vigorous alternatives in lieu of sweetened treats. While “healthy” and “Halloween” don’t appear approximating they belong in the same punish, here are actually ample of ways to achieve Halloween a recovered familiarity.
plan some Healthy Halloween Treats